Bay Medical Group have great opportunities for non-clinical vaccinators to work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effect service for the delivery of COVID-19 vaccine(s).
The post holder will be an integral part of the healthcare team, working under the direction and supervision of a Registered Healthcare Professional to administer vaccines to the local community.
Our vaccination programme will be held at Mazuma Stadium however as part of this role you could be required to work at any of our sites.
Main duties of the job
- Administer the vaccine via the intramuscular route in accordance with training and local and national protocol, procedures and standards
- Assisting Registered Healthcare Professionals in the delivery of vaccines to the patient population
- Confirm the identity of the patient, eligibility and check they are happy to proceed with vaccination. Address any additional questions or refer to the Registered Healthcare Professional as appropriate
- Once vaccinated Immediately observe client’s reaction and if appropriate, direct people to the Registered Healthcare Professional or post vaccination observation area
- Be able to respond to and raise issues or concerns with the Registered Healthcare Professional, supervisor on complications or emergency situations, such as anaphylaxis
- Once the vaccination is delivered, dispose clinical and non-clinical waste in bins provided at the station and ensure surfaces are wiped down
- Wear adequate PPE equipment in line with current national guidelines. Conduct hand hygiene, either alcohol hand gel or hand washing according to guidance
- Ensure that information is communicated to patients and their relatives / carers in the most appropriate way
Closing Date: 24th August 2022
Bay Medical Group - for happier, healthier people.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.