GP - Permanent position 4-8 sessions per week (WTE=8 sessions)
We are a large practice responsible for providing GP services to the population of Morecambe and Heysham (c54,000). We are based in 5 sites in the town and our scale means that we can support diverse career aspirations and opportunities across all teams. Yet, we maintain a smaller practice feel by promoting site-based working so that you have the chance to develop relationships with the site team and with your patients.
In July 2019, we established Bay Primary Care Network as the sole Practice in the PCN. We are proud to have develop a varied workforce including dietitians, mental health nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physician associates, care co-ordinators and social prescribing link workers. We work closely with our Integrated Care Community and local hospice.
Bay Medical Group is a friendly, welcoming practice, constantly looking to improve our offer to both the local community and our colleagues. There are opportunities to socialise together and we are sure that you will find like-minded people here who enjoy a variety of hobbies and interests outside of work.
Bay Medical Group can offer you the opportunity to work with our experienced group of GPs and clinicians as well as great links with the local Trust, and Lancaster and Cumbria Universities. As a family friendly town, Morecambe enjoys one of the finest views from its promenade of any seaside town in England with a magnificent sweep of coastline and bay, looking across to the Lakeland mountains. You also have Lancaster, a beautiful Georgian city on the edge of the Lake District and within the area there are excellent schools and good transport links to larger cities such as Manchester and Liverpool.
The offer includes:
A competitive GP salary, with hours of work on a full time basis (8 sessions per week)
- A mix of 15 minute and 10 minute appointments to enable you to manage your workload appropriately for continuity of care
- GMS practice offering the BMA model contract
- Varied workload through a mix of working in routine surgeries and Unscheduled Care.
- Peer support and a planned educational programme for GPs and clinical staff including the First Five group specifically formed to support newly and recently qualified GPs
- We are a teaching practice working closely with the Deanery and local universities to support training. We also encourage all GP’s to attend supervisor courses.
- A large supportive team, which will allow you to focus on what you do best.
- Excellent long-term career and development prospects.
- Holistic approach to care through close working relationships with the extended Primary Care Health Team including in-house physio appointments, Long Term Conditions Team and District Nurses.
- Fellowship scheme - supported by NHS England and Lancaster & South Cumbria Training Hub. If you join the scheme you will have a qualified mentor for 2 years and benefit from a combination of mentorship, peer support and coaching.
We are able to offer employer sponsorship for applicants applying as a Skilled Worker visa / Tier 2 visa.
If you share our vision of providing the best possible general practice care to our patient population, of working in a caring team and of seeking innovative solutions to the challenges of the ever-changing NHS, we look forward to hearing from you.
Come and meet us.
We are happy to talk to and/ or meet with you if you are interested in full or part time posts, salaried or with a view to partnership.
Should you wish to find out more about the post or Practice, please contact Lorraine McCoskrie on email@example.com or 01524 584263 / 01524 584268.
Bay Medical Group - for happier, healthier people.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.