Salt Ayre Healthy Weight Programme
We are excited to announce the launch of the new Salt Ayre Healthy Weight Programme. This will be a 12 week programme concentrating on lifestyle and behavioural changes aimed at helping participants to achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Participants to the scheme must be referred by a healthcare professional or a provider of NHS Health Checks. The programme is free of charge but does not include use of Salt Ayre Leisure facilities. The programme is summarised in the attached leaflet.
Please be aware that due to current COVID restrictions, this programme will be online only for the moment so participants will need to have internet access and be willing to use it.
Patients must be:
- Aged 18 years and over
- Have a BMI equal to or greater than 30 with a maximum of 39.9
- Live in the Lancaster district
Any patient that falls under the following criteria is not eligible for the scheme even if they meet the above requirements:
- Women who are pregnant or currently breastfeeding
- Anyone with a diagnosed eating disorder
- Patients with an underlying medical cause for obesity, significant co-morbidity or complex needs as identified by their GP or other healthcare professional
Referrals are to be completed here on this online form: www.lancaster.gov.uk/healthyweight