Extended Access is the offer of pre-bookable appointments outside GP practices’ core contractual hours, either in the early morning, evening or at weekend. These are provided by PDS, CHOC and local practices across the Bay. There are a range of appointments we can offer our patients in addition to practice appointments, please ask our team. For more information about extended access visit the Morecambe Bay PCC website or see below for information on the Extended Access Services currently available in our area
|Extended Access Site||Provision|
|Ash Trees Surgery, Market Street, Carnforth LA5 9JU||Monday:
|Bay Medical Group, Morecambe Health Centre, Hanover Street, Morecambe LA4 5LY||Saturday
|Morecambe Urgent Treatment Centre (PDS Medical), Morecambe Health Centre, Hanover Street, Morecambe LA4 5LY||Monday - Sunday
|Park View Surgery, Haverflatts Lane, Milnthorpe LA7 7PS||Tuesday
- GP appointments are for all routine conditions but exclude patients with on-going chronic conditions which require continuity of care from their usual GP, e.g. patients with severe on-going mental health issues.
- Advanced Care Practitioner appointments are for all routine conditions. However practitioners cannot see patients who are pregnant, children under 2 years of age, and patients with ongoing chronic conditions requiring continuity of care from their usual GP, e.g. patients with severe on-going mental health issues.
- Practice Nurses provide annual reviews for adults over 16 years old with a long-term condition, e.g. COPD, Asthma, hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
- Health Care Assistants can carry out blood testing; basic patient observations (monitoring and recording patients' conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight); blood sugar and urinalysis; new and annual patient health checks; and ECG recording. They CANNOT undertake ear syringing or dressings. HCAs will see children 12 and over if accompanied by an adult and 16 years and over unaccompanied.
- Pharmacists can provide routine medication reviews. They are able to arrange repeat dispensing, action medication changes e.g. hospital discharges, re-authorise medications for the year (where suitable) and advise on lifestyle and statins.
How to Book
Patients can walk into the Urgent Treatment Centre at the Queen Victoria Centre and you will be triaged by their reception team.
Do you know that we offer evening and weekend Smears and Blood Tests?
- Monday to Friday: 6.30pm – 8.00pm
- Saturday: 8.00am – 1.00pm
These non-urgent appointments are provided within the Same Day Health Centre, Morecambe and bookable via your registered GP Practice.
To book an appointment please ask at our reception desk and mention Extended Access - they will be happy to help!
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.