FLU AND PNEUMOCOCCAL IMMUNISATION
Does Age Affect The Risk Of Flu?
Yes. If you are aged 65 years or over or you are at higher risk.
Who Is At Risk?
- If you are aged 65 years or over or if you are on regular inhaled steroids
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.
We encourage you to have your Flu Vaccination at Bay Medical Group because:
- We offer vaccination with highly trained, experienced clinicians who have access to your full medical records and can advise about other vaccinations that you may be eligible for.
- Our vaccination arrive at the start of the flu season allowing patients to get protection as soon as possible.
- We are offering a variety of clinics from 23rd September 2019 during working hours plus some Saturday mornings and some evening. Appointments are available to book now.