For more information about living and working as a GP in Morecambe Bay, please visit: https://vimeo.com/232407245
Salaried GP opportunities
Salary £82,239 per annum full time (8 sessions per week)
Do you want to make a real difference to the health and wellbeing of the local population?
Are you looking to join a Practice working to a vision of happier, healthier patients and colleagues?
Would you ideally want to work and live a beautiful part of the country with excellent motorway access and successful schools?
Bay Medical Group can offer this.
We are a large practice responsible for providing GP services to the population of Morecambe and Heysham (c54,000). We are based in 5 sites in the town and our scale means that we can support diverse career aspirations and opportunities across all teams. Yet, we maintain a smaller practice feel by promoting site-based working so that you have the chance to develop relationships with the site team and with your patients.
Bay Medical Group provides a new model of primary care that is equipped to respond to and embrace the challenges presented by the GP Forward View and is actively involved in the local health economy. In July 2019, we established Bay Primary Care Network as the sole Practice in the PCN. We work closely with our Integrated Care Community
We are friendly, welcoming practice, constantly looking to improve our offer to both the local community and our colleagues. There are opportunities to socialise together and we are sure that you will find like-minded people here who enjoy a variety of hobbies and interests outside of work.
The offer includes:
- A mix of 15 minute and 10 minute appointments to enable you to manage your workload appropriately for continuity of care
- GMS practice offering the BMA model contract
- Varied workload through a mix of working in routine surgeries and Unscheduled Care.
- Peer support and a planned educational programme for GP’s, nurses and pharmacists including the First Five group specifically formed to support newly and recently qualified GP’s
- We are a teaching practice working closely with the Deanery and local universities to support GP training.
- A large supportive team including back office teams, Practice Nurses, Medicines Management team including pharmacists, Advanced Care Practitioners, Physician Associates, Mental Health Practitioners and Patient Advisors, which will allow you to focus on what you do best.
- Excellent long-term career and development prospects.
- Holistic approach to care through close working relationships with the extended Primary Care Health Team including in-house physio appointments, Long Term Conditions Team and District Nurses.
If you share our vision of providing the best possible general practice care to our patient population, of working in a caring team and of seeking innovative solutions to the challenges of the ever-changing NHS, we look forward to hearing from you.
We are happy to talk to you if you are interested in full or part time posts, salaried or with a view to partnership.
Should you wish to find out more about the post and/ or Practice, please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org