About the NHS App
If you’re a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.(when our online appointments are back online, you can then book appointments)
If you already use another GP online service you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well.
For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp
The following services are available to all registered patients:
- Order Repeat Prescriptions
- View Medical Records
- Update Address Details
Access Health Services on Behalf of Someone They Care For
COVID Vaccine Passport
- Step 1 : How to access the NHS App:
Step 2 - How to set up your NHS App account:
- Create an account.
- You will be asked to provide photo ID.
The app will take you through how to do this, including opening the camera on your phone/tablet for you. You will need your driving licence or passport to do the first part of this.
- You may have to wait for a couple of hours while all your information is submitted and checked.
- You will then be able to use the app.
- You may want to watch this informative Youtube video for further information on how to set up your NHS App account.
Proxy access allows parents, family members and carers to access health services on behalf of other people. For example, children, dependants you care for, and relatives.
Currently, you can use linked profiles in the NHS App to act on behalf of another person if:
- they are registered at the same GP surgery as yourself
- you are both patients at different GP surgeries
- the GP surgery has registered you for proxy access
Depending on the level of access you have, you can switch profiles in the NHS App to act on behalf of another person and:
- book an appointment
- order a repeat prescription
- view their GP medical record, where appropriate
How to set up Proxy Access
- complete the proxy access form
- drop the completed form to us at any of our 5 surgeries or complete online
- include relevant ID for both people (Birth certificates for children. Passports for adults)
When the surgery has checked your identity and registered you for proxy access, you'll see a new option in the NHS App called Linked profiles.
For help & support with setting up your NHS App, please head over to: https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/help/