Bay Medical Group wish to make it as easy as possible for everyone to look after their health.
Our sites have a dedicated disabled car parking space; access points at the reception desk; disabled toilet and a portable hearing loop. You are also welcome to bring somebody with you to provide support.
If you require assistance on sites or if you have any related information or communication support needs that we can assist with, we ask that you please let us know; your disability may not be visible and we understand that degrees of assistance needed will vary from person to person.
We endeavour to keep a record of any requests made, to support your future visits, however things can and do change so please advise us if the best method of assisting you has altered.
We welcome any suggestions you may have in making your visit to the surgery easier.
Blue Badge Information
Blue parking badges allow cars carrying people who are registered blind or who have severe walking difficulties to park near shops, stations and other facilities.
A range of people are eligible for Blue Badges including:
- People who are registered blind
- People who receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- People who use a motor vehicle supplied for disabled people by a government health department
- People who receive a government grant towards their vehicles
- People who a War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement
- People who have a permanent and substantial disability that makes walking impossible or very difficult
- People who have a severe disability in both upper limbs, regularly drive a motor vehicle but cannot turn the steering wheel of a motor vehicle by hand even if that wheel is fitted with a turning knob
- Disabled children under 16 years
Blue Badges can also be issued to an organisation which transports disabled people. Blue badges are free.
People can apply online for a Blue Badge or by contacting the Customer Service Centre on 0845 053 0049.
Communication Support Needs
If you or someone you know is deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired and would benefit from using a relay service, please look to see if Relay UK could assist
Relay UK brings relay services up to date with the latest app technology, meaning you don’t need special kit and can just download the app onto your smartphone, tablet or computer. This service can also be used via textphone for those who prefer. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year and will not cost you anything to use, only your standard network rates.
If this is a service you already benefit from and would prefer Bay Medical Group to call you through Relay UK, please let us know; if you have a textnumber we can make a note on your records.
There is a Hearing Loop in reception for use by people with hearing aids and the building has been designed and decorated to make it easier for people with visual problems. We have a disabled toilet and baby change facilities.
- British Deaf Association
- The Deaf Health Charity – SignHealth
- Action Hearing Loss
- Royal Association for Deaf People
- National Deaf Children’s Society
Blind / Partially Sighted
If you or family members are blind or partially sighted we can give you a large print of our practice leaflet upon request. Please ask Reception for further information.
For more advice and support for blind people please see the following websites:
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RIND)
- British Wireless for the Blind Fund
- British Blind Sport
Guide dogs are welcome at the surgery but we ask that you be aware of other patients and staff who may have an allergy or fear of dogs.
Other Disability Websites
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.