NHS Digital Weight Management Programme
- Have you put on weight over lockdown?
- Are you fed up of following diets?
- Do you want to lose weight and improve your health and well-being?
- Would you like support to help you stay on track?
At Bay Medical Group we understand that it can be difficult to make changes and lose weight on your own. Asking for support can be hard but we can help you so if you answered yes to the above read on …….
The NHS Digital Weight Management Programme might be the support you need.
What is the NHS Digital Weight Management Programme?
- A new Free 12 week online digital support programme to help people with Diabetes and High Blood Pressure to lose weight
- You will need a smartphone, computer or tablet and internet access
- You don’t need to leave your home – the support is online and you can access at a time to suit you
- The programme will support you to develop healthier eating habits, be more active and lose weight
Can anyone join the programme?
The NHS have set out eligibility criteria. Check if you are eligible below.
The NHS Digital Weight Management Programme is for adults with a diagnosis of diabetes or high blood pressure or both, AND a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or above (or 27.5 or above if you are from a black or minority ethnic group).
How do I know what my BMI is?
If you have one or more of the following exclusion criteria you would not be eligible for the programme
- Currently pregnant
- Have an active eating disorder
- Have had bariatric ( weight loss) surgery in the last two years
- People for whom the programme is considered to pose greater risk of harm than benefit. For example if you are very frail.
- If you are over 80 yrs of age and have certain medical conditions you may not be eligible* please contact the surgery to discuss.
For more information see the video below or click on the NHS website link
I meet the criteria and I am interested - What next?
Please complete the following form and someone will be in touch. The surgery will arrange a call for you to have a chat with one of our friendly team who will check you meet the criteria and if you would still like to be referred we will complete the referral form.
What happens once I have been referred to the programme?
NHS digital weight management programme will receive your referral and send you a confirmation text or email with a link for you to choose your programme provider. Please be aware it may take approx. 4 weeks before you hear something.
- You will be asked to choose ONE provider and they will contact you directly to start the 12 week programme.
- After 12 weeks the programme ends. You can’t be referred again but you will have lots of information to continue your weight loss journey.
Remember its normal to feel nervous about something new but what have you got to lose? Start your journey to a healthier you …. Today.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.