Our social prescribers are employed through the Primary Care Network and help connect people with local groups and activities that can help promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
They work with people to understand what matters most to them, help them set and achieve their goals.
Erik Worsely has been supporting people in his role as social prescriber for over a year and is a champion for compassion, kindness and keeping it fun! Jodie Woodburn knows the Morecambe area well and she has a deep understanding of challenges faced by our community and also a passion for the beauty of the Bay and opportunities available in our area.
What support can be provided
- Connecting people to community activities and non-medical support to empower and increase confidence.
- A personalised care approach including; Making Every Contact Count, Patient Activation (PAM) and health coaching conversations to work with people to support lifestyle changes.
- Time to discuss what matters most to people and work with them and support to plan and reach their goals.
- Support for people who feel isolated, lonely or who are anxious about accessing local groups /activities.
- Help for people who want to become more active / do more exercise but don’t know where to start or need a bit of encouragement.