Urgent Prescription Requests
Please be aware we are unable to meet urgent requests for repeat prescriptions unless they are for the following medications.
Any urgent prescription requests which do not fall into these categories we will try to process as soon as possible but please be aware this is unlikely to be the same day.
Your community pharmacy (chemist) is able to help with the prescription ordering process if you are struggling. They may also be able to give you an immediate emergency supply (subject to a charge).
- Reliever Asthma Inhalers: Salbutamol, Ventolin, Terbutaline, Bricanyl - usually blue but not always
- Steroid Tablets: Prednisolone, Dexamethasone
- Adrenaline Auto-Injectors: Epipen, Jext, Emerade
- Thyroid Medication: Levothyroxine
- Anti-Psychotics: Lithium, Aripiprazole, Olanzapine, Quetiapine (sondate/Seroquel), Risperidone, Haloperidol, Amisulpride
- Warfarin and other blood thinners: Rivaroxaban, Apixaban, Dabigatran, Edoxaban
- Anti-Parkinson's Drugs: Sinemet, Madopar, co-careldopa, co-beneldopa, sastravi, stanek, stalevo
- Immunosuppressants: Azathioprine, Methotrexate, Ciclosporin, Mycophenolate
- Strong (Opioid) Painkillers: Buprenorphine Patches (butec/butrans), Fentanyl Patches (matrifen), Morphine (zomorph, MST, oramorph), Oxycodone (shortec/longtec/oxycontin/oxynorm)
- Palliative Care Medication (any)
- Anti-Convulsants (epilepsy medication) ONLY if being used for epilepsy: Carbamazepine, Gabapentin, Lamotrigine, Levetiracetam, Phenytoin, Sodium Valproate (epilim), Topiramate
- Anti-Depressants: Sertraline, Venlafaxine, Mirtazapine, Citalopram, Vortioxetine, Trazodone
- Insulin: Lantus, Novorapid, Humulin, Humalog, Tresiba, Levemir, Actrapid, Insuman, Insulatard
Published: Sep 15, 2021
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.